2005 wasn’t just 2005
it was the beginning of an era
Tell me about it
i think this just proves the idea that the nineties era didn’t end till around 2004-2005
1. There’s a reason schools teach Shakespeare instead of John Green; you make your own life, it’s not written in the stars, waiting to start until you find that person with the perfect smile
2. People are a hell of a lot smarter than you think. Shut your mouth, stop thinking you know everything, and listen.
3. Getting close and being vulnerable is scary as hell, But you know what else it is? Worth it.
4. Reason really is the doctor to love.
5. The moment you feel your happiness being dictated by another person, take a break from them.
6. Take a step back and look around, you have more friends than you think.
7. Growing up is going to happen and it’s going to be tough. Just stay close to those around you, you’re all in it together.
8. If you’re still checking their Facebook/Instagram/tumblr, you’re never going to get over them.
9. Everything seems worse in the morning. Don’t fall for it, it’s deceiving.
10. No need to be so intense all the time. People get tired of swimming in the deep end, sometimes they need a break in the shallow part of the pool.
11. Stop avoiding everything. Get out of bed, get dressed, go to school, go to work. It sucks at first but it’s part of the healing process.
12. If the person makes you feel like shit and you still go back to them, it’s an abusive relationship.
13. Headphones are great, but listen to music aloud every once in a while. Sometimes you need to scream a song so everyone can hear you.
14. Boundaries are a must.
15. You can be a caring person, but you need to be happy with yourself before you try to make others happy.
16. Try and understand other’s intentions and situation before you get angry with them.
17. Tough love is necessary sometimes.
18. You can’t fix people no matter how hard you try. Get this engrained in your mind.
19. Surround yourself with people who will love and support you.
20. Loneliness is lethal and makes you have a distorted view of things.
21. No one hates you more than you hate yourself. Stop being your own enemy.
22. Someone can only hurt your feelings if you allow them to.
23. Getting your shit back in order is five times as hard as it is to mess it all up.
24. Listen to your parent’s advice.
25. Be open to anything and everything. Life isn’t fun when you’re a closed book.
26. Talking about your problems is great, but there comes a point when talking about it becomes dwelling on the past and it drains everyone around you. Know when you’ve hit this point.
27. A lot of people don’t like their shit showing. More people than you know are going through hard times.
28. Distract yourself.
29. Don’t be so easily swayed, a lot of claims out there are not true.
30. Some seasons of your life are harder than others. This too shall pass.
Cosmo, you sexist piece of shit.
Oh boo. There’s Wanda, his wife, grinning evilly in the background as he’s saying it.
Besides, context is important. Remember what this episode was? "Queen for a Day." The one with Trixie Tang’s birthday?
The entire point of Wanda hitting Timmy with this wish was to teach a moral to him. Timmy was hitting a mental roadblock trying to come up with a birthday present for Trixie, not having a clue what “a girl” would want for her birthday. Cue the wish forcing him into a female body and… Still pretty much liking the exact same stuff. And as he later found out, Trixie liked the same things he did, even if gender norms didn’t fit for it all.
In the end, Timmy ends up giving Trixie the present she wanted in a comic book store, but fakes getting upset over it when he gives it to her because her friends thought it was only for boys. But, she WAS grateful.
And this moment? This right here? Our male protagonist, Timmy, is now getting playfully mocked by Cosmo for suddenly being a girl. That’s going to teach boys, through the eyes of Timmy, how stupid it is to be demeaning to females for being female.
This episode was basically a giant slap in the face to the idea of gender norms. And you’re still calling Cosmo sexist for reinforcing the moral, which is how stupid even casual sexism is?
Childhood is firmly not ruined, thank you.
“No, I will not stop! For every minute for the rest of my life, I will fight.”
Never forget that 80% of Disney princesses will fuck you up with the right provocation.
#one time my science teacher said he didn’t like showing his daughter disney movies because they sent her the message that women need to be saved #and i told him that obviously we weren’t watching the same disney movies
20TIL20 - Day 2
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and five months today, so today’s comic is in appreciation of him.
// Day 1 //
why do americans get so shocked that there is a schooling system different to theirs
Because we get so excited over the idea that education could actually be better and fun and not make us fall into debt